ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Founded in 1995, the Jewish Film Festival Berlin | Brandenburg is one of the oldest and largest Jewish film festivals in Europe and an essential part of the diverse Jewish life in this country. The festival focuses on Jewish life and its constant change - in Germany, Israel, Europe and beyond. Carefully selected feature films and documentaries, mid-length and short films, as well as series provide insights into the diversity and complexity of Jewish culture and life in past and present, while at the same time vehemently opposing all forms of anti-Semitism, attributions and exclusions.
The 27th edition of the Jewish Film Festival Berlin | Brandenburg will take place at various locations in Berlin and Potsdam from June 14 to 19, 2022.
The Jewish Film Festival Berlin | Brandenburg is organized by JFBB UG haftungsbeschränkt.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Eligible for submission are feature films and documentaries as well as short films, animated films, experimental films and series that deal with Jewish life and culture in history, the present and the future, in which Jewish characters and themes essentially carry the plot and which originate from Jewish filmmakers. The production year of the films should not be older than 2021.
The film can be submitted via the Entry Form on the following website: jfbb.info/festival/entryform
The following entry materials must be submitted by all entries:
• a completely and truthfully filled out registration form including a screener link (e.g. Vimeo or YouTube), English subtitled
If no screener link is available, please contact us at email@example.com.
Deadline for film submission is March 15, 2022.
Please make sure that your film meets the admission criteria. German premieres will be preferred.
The preferred screening format for the films is DCP. The following DCI standards apply:
• File format: Motion jpeg 2000
• Resolution at least 2048×1080 pixels, colour space XYZ
• Audio: 24 bit linear PCM
• In exceptional cases and after prior consultation, the following are also permitted: HDCAM, Blu-Ray, Beta, 35mm.
The submitter assures that he has the right of submission or acts as an authorized representative of all rights holders.
The festival reserves the right to decide which films will be admitted to the individual programme sections and may in individual cases make decisions that deviate from the regulations.
All submitted films are viewed by the artistic direction (programme director and selection committee), who will decide on the selection of the films. Submitters will be notified by email no later than April 22, 2022.
If a film has been nominated for participation by the Jewish Film Festival Berlin | Brandenburg and this nomination is approved by the producer/rights holder, this approval cannot be revised.
The following materials must be submitted immediately if the film is selected:
• Short biography and full filmography of the director with details of documentary, short, student film, etc.
• Portrait photo of the director (min. 300 dpi)
• Dialog lists or subtitle files (format: SRT) in English
• 1 - 2 expressive film stills (min. 300 dpi) and a film trailer
TRANSPORT AND INSURANCE
The screening copy must arrive at least 5 weeks before the beginning of the festival (April 29, 2022).
The sender is responsible for the costs of transporting the film copy to the festival. The festival will bear the costs for the return shipment.
All shipments from non-EU countries must be marked with a customs declaration stating the following: "No commercial value - for cultural purposes only". In addition, shipments from outside the EU must be accompanied by a pro forma invoice for a maximum of 10 euros. Costs incurred due to false declaration will be charged to the sender.
During their stay at the festival, the films are insured with their copy value.
The return consignment of films and materials, submitted without the agreement of the Jewish Film Festival Berlin | Brandenburg, is the sole responsibility of the addressor.
The Jewish Film Festival Berlin | Brandenburg reserves the right to organize an online festival parallel to the physical festival. The festival uses a platform with Studio Grade DRM for the online screening of films.
The online festival is available for two weeks from the start of the festival nationwide for the public audience and without geoblocking for accredited industry guests. The number of times the audience can access the film or the time frame of the film's availability can be limited by the submitter.
The technical requirements for the online festival will be provided with the invitation of the film.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our program department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The submitter allows
• that accredited guests view the screener during the festival. For this purpose, access to the screener must be ensured until the end of the festival.
• the broadcast of the supplied trailer/film excerpts (max. 3 min.) as part of the festival coverage on television.
• the use of film stills, director’s photo as well as film excerpts (max. 3 min.) in digital media (festival homepage, youtube channel of the festival, Facebook profile of the festival), for the purpose of promoting the festival.
By submitting the film entry, the regulations of the Jewish Film Festival Berlin | Brandenburg are accepted.